|Nine Reasons Why I Should Tithe|
According to Hebrews 11:6, God says without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. When you tithe to God, you are truly walking by faith and not by sight. Most of us normally don't have enough money to spare. So when we tithe, we're putting God to the test. We're saying, "Yes, Lord, I believe you are the God of your Word, and I am giving by faith".
You have to use your faith to please God. As you step out in faith to give your tithes and offering, you are showing God that you believe him, and great shall be your reward eventually.
Be faithful day in and day out, week in and week out, month in and month out, year in and year out, and you will see the windows of heaven shower blessings on you and your family that are so great, that there will eventually be an overflowing in your life.
What is tithing?
"Tithe" means 10% or "a tenth part". God's Word tesll us that the first 10% of everything we earn or receive belongs to Him. God says in Malachi 3:8, if you don't give your thites and offerings to Him, you are a thief. In verse 9, He says that we bring lots of problems on ourselves if we don't tithe. The only way God's work will be doine on this earth is if God's people give of their finances. Certainly, the world isn't going to finance the end time harvest. It's the responsibility of the church, or God's people.
What's the difference between the "Tithe" and "Offerings"?
The tithe is to be the first 10% of everything you receice financially. An offering is any amount you would give above the tithe.
Well, I thought tithing was Old Testament Jewish Law that's not for today.
No! According to Galatians 3:17, the Law came 430 years after God iinstituted the promise and tithing with Abraham. If tithing was under the Jewish Law, why did Abraham tithe 430 years before teh Law was given? According to Genesis 14:20, Abraham tithed to the Priest Melchizedek from the very beginning, hundreds of years before the Law.
I can't afford to tithe!
If you are a disciple of Jesus Christ, you can't afford not to tithe! You need God's supernatural help if you're ever going to get out of debt. If you wait for your ship to come in before you tithe, you may be waiting a long time. Put your faith into action today by giving Him the first 10% of everything you earn or receive, and watch how He helps you get out of debt. I would also encourage you to teach your children to tithe to God from an early age, so they will be blessed all the days of their lives.
NINE REASONS WHY WE SHOULD TITHE
1. God commands it. In Malachi 3:10, God says, "bring the whole tithe into the storehouse". The storehouse refers to the place where you worship. The tithe is to be given to your home church, the place where you are spiritually fed. When you give to support charities and other ministries, you should be giving out of your offerings. The whole tithe belongs to the local church.
2. Tithing proves God's Word is true. God' says, if you will put Him to the test in tithes and offerings, eventually you will see great blessings overtake your life, even to the point that you will see God open the windows of blessing upon you and your family.
3. God will rebuke the devourer. According to Malachi 3:11, you have an enemy that will steal all your finances, but, when you bring God the whole tithe, and give offerings as He leads you, God will rebuke the enemy. When you become a follower of Jesus Christ, the enemy targets you and your finances. You need God's help if you're going to make it financially in today's world and the tough times that we live in. God actually challenges every believer to "put Him to the test" in their giving, and watch what He does in their lives. It's time to put God to the test, and watch God's blessings flow toward you. Do it today!
4. Tithing teaches me to put God first. According to Deuteronomy 14:23, the purpose of tithing is to teach you to always put God first in your life. If God has our finances, then we know He has our hearts. If we refuse to tithe, we prove that He really isn't first in the first place.
5. Jesus recognized tithing. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus recognized or commended the Pharisees for tithing. Tithing was the only thing they were doing right.
6. Tithing is essential to spiritual growth. God tells us in Luke 16:11, "if therefore you have not been faithful in the use of money, how can you expect Him to entrust greater riches to you?" Many Christians don't grow spiritually, and remain spiritual babies because they are not faithful to obey God in the tithes and offering.
7. Tithing proves you love the Lord. In 2 Corinthians 8:8, God says that your giving tests the sincerity of your love. You say you love the Lord, but you prove you love him when you give. Talk is cheap, and actions speak louder than words.
8. Tithing is an investment for eternity. In Matthew 6:19, Jesus told us to "store up treasure in heaven." When you give your tithes and offerings to the Lord's work, you are investing your money in souls for the Kingdom, and helping to get peopole to heaven.
9. You cannot "out-give" God. In Galatians 6:7, God says, "do not be deceied, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows that he will aslo reap." God is watching, and whatever you give to Him, He will give back to you. Giving unlocks heaven's gates on your behalf. You cannot out-give God. The more you give to Him, the more He'll give back to you.